Olivet Boys & Girls Club is seeking qualified individuals for various positions at a number of its Clubs throughout Pottstown and Reading, PA.
With all positions, Federal and State Background Checks are required.
Federal Criminal History Record
Pennsylvania State Criminal Record Check
Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
Please for Click Here for information about our upcoming Job Fair!
Executive Assistant, FT
General Function:Under the direct supervision of the President & CEO, the Executive Assistant assumes the responsibility of providing the administrative needs of the President & CEO and other assigned staff.
Education:The Executive Assistant is required to have a minimum of a high school diploma.
- Computer knowledge, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Good typing skills.
- Good telephone skills.
- Ability to relate well with staff, volunteers, youth and the general
- Good writing and speaking skills.
- Ability to organize work tasks and time.
- Communicate with Board of Directors, make arrangements for meetings, set-up and attend board meetings; prepare minutes, etc.
- Responsible for all employee/volunteer personnel files keeping records updated adhering to requirements for our annual audit and guidelines set by Boys & Girls Clubs of America
- Along with another employee, open and distribute mail (except that which is marked “Personal and Confidential”)
- Coordinate general office work flow; be aware of administrative staff schedules for the day/week to maintain office coverage; and prioritize work that needs to be completed
- Have an understanding of the operation of the office equipment, arrange for service and/or updates for the equipment as needed
- When needed, help with bulk mailings to ensure accuracy before delivery to the Post Office
- In the absence of the Financial Director, take deposits to the bank
- Purchase and/or picking up office supplies for office whether through order or local stores; keep inventory on hand and storeroom neat and orderly
- Arrange senior staff meetings to ensure those individuals are kept up to date of upcoming deadlines, etc.
- Organize and maintain filing system
- Answer telephone for incoming calls including those for President & CEO and others when required
- When required assist in record-keeping for Olivet Boys & Girls Club and auxiliary organizations
- Attend required meetings, functions, and seminars and other such activities that are in conjunction with Boys & Girls Club work
- Set an example of neatness, encouraging others to keep all work areas orderly and presentable
- Look ahead and plan ahead for upcoming events and deadlines for self and other office staff
- Other duties as assigned.
Effect on End Result: Through the efforts of the Executive Assistant, Olivet Boys & Girls Club will have an effective office operation which will enhance our ability to provide youth services.
We are looking for a hands-on individual who will help with the accounting for a multi-site youth organization.
Responsibilities include helping to:
- Code invoices based on site, grant, project and program
- Reconcile bank statements
- Maintain the G/L to enable reporting by site, grant, funding source and program
- Assure compliance with granting agencies
- Maintain vendor and grant files
- Provide necessary documentation to auditors at year end
- Experience working with fund accounting.
- Fiscal and budgeting and compliance knowledge.
- The ability to work independently with a team.
- Writing skills.
- The ability to work within deadlines.
- Good organizational skills.
- The ability to interact well with others.
- Good record keeping skills.
- Commensurate with experience
POSITION: Administrative Assistant
SUPERVISOR: Executive Assistant
- Computer knowledge – Microsoft Office
- Good typing skills
- Good telephone skills
- Ability to relate well with staff, volunteers, youth and the public in general
- Good writing and speaking skills
- Ability to organize work tasks and time
- Detail Oriented
- Work well under pressure
- HR experience
- Bilingual is a plus
- Answer and direct all phone calls in a courteous manner, relaying accurate messages to staff and directing inquiries to appropriate source.
- Greet visitors and direct them to appropriate source.
- Data entry of invoices.
- Preparation of time sheets for entry.
- Mailing and filing of financial paperwork.
- Responsible for clerical duties, phone calls, and program staff.
- Work directly with the Executive Assistant and Finance department by assisting them and becoming their back up when needed.
- Type and prepare correspondence and reports as requested.
- General clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing.
- Handle requests for information and data for new employees.
- Resolve administrative problems and inquiries.
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries.
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence.
- Maintain office supply inventories for administration office and eight clubs.
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment.
- Process and maintain personnel records for staff.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality when processing background checks for employees and volunteers.
- Assist with all special events throughout the year.
- Monitor and create schedule for camp renters. Following up with invoices after camper’s stay as well as ensuring deposits were received.
- Duties as assigned
Through the efforts of the Administrative Assistant, Olivet Boys & Girls Club will have an effective office operation which will enhance our ability to provide youth services.
Program Assistant – CFA, PT (12 hr per week)
Center for the Arts (CFA) is dedicated to the enhancement of the Club experience through exposure to the arts. This position is responsible for developing positive interactions with Club members, while being cognizant of their safety, behavior and Club experience. The ideal candidate will possess cheerfulness, positive energy and be physically capable of navigating the busy streets, flights of stairs, moving tables and chairs, serving snacks, and maintaining general building cleanliness.
Bus Driver, PT
Olivet Boys & Girls Club is seeking an experienced bus driver to assist in the transportation of its members between Club sites, as well as on group activities and excursions. Must have a clean driving record.
- Afternoon and evening hours
- Some weekends
D.R.E.A.M. Program Assistant/Juvenile Facilitator, PT
This is a part-time position assisting with the coordination of the d.r.e.a.m Program in Reading. Individual is responsible for overall supervision of programming, creating and maintaining schedule, facilitating activities, documenting, documenting progress, incidents, and attendance for each student.
Duties & Essential Job Functions: Supervise students during group hours, Facilitate group activities and lessons from Boys & Girls Club of America’s social skills curriculum, Administer intake meetings with parents and new students, Keep in regular contact with parents of each student’s progress, behavior and special events, Maintain behavior modification programs to promote positive behavior and attendance, Maintain safe and positive environment for all students and staff by providing effective guidance and discipline, and keeping consistent boundaries and expectations, Report any questionable/illegal behavior and incidents to supervisor, and if necessary, contact police immediately, Search students upon entering program area, Help maintain cleanliness of building providing transportation for students, meet one-to-one with students regarding progress in the program, and attend organizational events and training’s.
Requirements: High School Diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred, experience with at risk youth in an individual and group setting, supervisory experience, and experience facilitating and lesson planning.
Preferred: Bi-lingual (English and Spanish)
Required: Licenses/Certifications, PA Driver’s License
Data Analyst Intern- PT, unpaid
The ideal candidate will be passionate, data-driven, with the ability to work independently. The goal of this internship is to start to create the story of our impact as an organization by understanding how our afterschool and summer programming and AmeriCorps program positively affect the youth that attend our club locations. This individual will work with the AmeriCorps Director to collect and analyze academic and attendance data of club members across our seven locations in the city of Reading.
- Must be proficient in Excel and statistical analysis
- Reliable transportation is required
- 10-15 hours/week or as needed
- Ability to work independently
- Data entry experience a must
Please send resume and cover letter to Kat Royer, AmeriCorps Director, at email@example.com
After School Programs Internship (12 hr per week)
An ideal candidate should be an energetic student with passion for area youth. Preferably an Education or Family Studies major, or a student with experience working with students in an urban setting.
Under the supervision of the Club Director, the intern will be responsible for assisting with the supervision of all children, assisting in implementing classroom activities, cooperatively working with and supporting other classroom staff and assisting with the general maintenance of program facilities to insure the health and safety of the children in the program.
S/he will maintain an ordered arrangement, appearance, decor, and learning environment of the classroom in cooperation with other staff, and make suggestions to the Club Director regarding instructional materials and equipment necessary to carry out the program. S/he will also plan and carry out open-ended activities for different levels of development and multicultural diversity of children enrolled in his/her class.
Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate an interest in working with children, possess, good communication skills, understand nature, and the ability to communicate well with both children and other staff.
Development/Marketing Internship (10 hr per week)
An ideal candidate would be a Marketing, Communication Design, English/Professional Writing or Communication Studies major, or a student with an Advertising or Public Relations minor with strong computer skills.
The goal of this internship is to understand the operations and functions of a non-profit development office in relation to annual campaigns, fundraising and marketing/public relations. Duties include assisting the Resource Development team in researching and writing of potential and future grants, assisting with the development of the Club’s holiday appeal campaign, assisting with the writing and developing all aspects of the organization’s promotional and marketing materials, as well as social media and e-newsletters.
- Computer/data entry experience. Excel, Word and Publisher experience preferred, but not required.
- A high level of communications and human relations skills is essential.
- Demonstrate ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Self-motivation and independent working is a must
- Ten hours a week, plus availability at special events as school schedule permits.
- Must pass a criminal background/child abuse record check by appropriate authorities.
Questions regarding internships can be directed to Rhonda Mauk Hudak, Director of Advancement Rhonda.mauk-hudak@olivetbgc or 610-373-1314 ext. 208
|Olivet Boys & Girls Club Equal Opportunity Employer Disclosure: Olivet Boys & Girls Club is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, veteran status or any other protected status. Olivet Boys & Girls Club will not make any posting or employment decision that does not comply with applicable laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity, employment eligibility requirements or related matters. Nor will Olivet Boys & Girls Club require in a posting or otherwise U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency in the U.S. as a condition of employment except as necessary to comply with law, regulation, executive order, or federal, state, or local government contract.|