Olivet Boys & Girls Club is seeking qualified individuals for various positions at a number of its Clubs throughout Pottstown and Reading, PA.
With all positions, Federal and State Background Checks are required.
Federal Criminal History Record
Pennsylvania State Criminal Record Check
Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
Olivet Boys & Girls Club President/CEO
Reports to: Board of Directors
PRIMARY FUNCTION: In accordance with the elements of competence established for Boys and Girls Club executives, the President/CEO is responsible for overseeing strategic planning and operation of the Club, in support of organizational mission and goals. Provides leadership, direction and support to the Board of Directors in developing organizational goals, attaining/allocating resources and establishing policies. Provides leadership and direction to staff management in carrying out the key roles assigned to them.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direction to and with 20 Board members, 100+ staff, 40+ partners and over 200+ volunteers to ensure the effective operation and delivery of Quality programs in two counties and within 8 Club sites, six 21st century school sites, and one 140 acre camp ground:
- Support the organization’s mission and principles serving 3,000 registered members with and ADA of 1000 per day.
- Ensure a safe environment that facilitates the achievement of quality youth development outcomes in clean, organized and well maintained facilities.
- Ensure programs, services and activities that support youth development outcomes focused on the following 3 core components: 1. Academics 2. Healthy Lifestyles 3. Character Building, service learning and leadership.
- Ensure establishment of and adherence to policies and procedures
- Ensure and oversee a strategic planning process that is developed and embraced by staff, board, volunteers and stakeholders that is SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely/targeted).
- Ensure and oversee the identification and evaluation of opportunities for QUALITY and implements plans for improvements through observation, on the ground coaching and coordinated quarterly and bi-annual quality and compliance reviews. Reviews and monitors agency, department, site, and program progress and contractual/regulatory compliances.
- Identify, recruit and develop an engaged, effective and diverse board.
- Ensure active participation by board members and support effective board roles and functioning on the following committees 1. Executive Committee 2. Resource Development 3. Administration/Finance Committee 4. Program Committee 5. Governance Committee. Oversee staff liaisons to Board committees to ensure they are provided with the information and support necessary to co-lead with committee chair and fulfill the objectives/targets of that specific committee.
- Meet annually with each board member to develop individual plan with Development staff and follow up periodically to support and gauge progress.
- Lead efforts to raise annual budget which currently is 3.1 million with pursue of an aspirational surplus budget. Ensure that Olivet has adequate cash flow. Report on a monthly basis the progress of revenues obtain and provide detail explanation of all variances from Raisers Edge, monthly fiscal reports and Resource Development scorecard.
- Oversee the Resources development strategic plans and participate consistently in cultivation and solicitation visits with development staff and board members. Provide weekly supervision to the development staff and committee on execution and targeted deliverables.
- Ensure development, implementation and monitoring of the Club’s annual budget in collaboration with financial management and program staff. Makes sound decisions that consider costs, benefits and impacts to Olivet, Sites, partners, community and kids.
- Ensure all necessary administrative and operational systems are in place to support effective Operations (monthly reports, payroll, Financial Edge, monthly reconciling, audit, monthly billing, budget modifications, compliance on all restrictions, etc).
- Increase visibility of Club programs, services and activities and maintain good public relations through cost efficient and effective marketing strategies.
- Ensure the development and implementation of plans for updating existing technology and resources:
- Ensure the acquisition and allocation of funds for implementing and updating existing
- technology and resources;
- Ensure the maintenance of Club technology and information management systems.
- In an effort to increase resources, In-Kind support and infrastructure, must be able to develop strategic alliances with community leaders and local officials. Develop collaborative partnerships with other social serving organizations, School District, local police department, local municipality, funders, and families.
14. Ensure an ongoing process exists which continuously enhances the knowledge and capabilities of all staff and volunteers. Conduct training needs assessment, recommending and implementing programs to support key skill areas. Develop company-wide & individual learning initiatives that is cost effective. 15. Provide coaching and support to key leaders in the creation of robust talent development plans that meet succession and development need. 16. Develop and administer a process which focuses on building bench strength to meet current and future business needs. 17. Serve as a resource to recruiting and interviewing in the identification of candidates for critical role.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Youth and Family development (Must LOVE KIDS)
- Displays positive, energetic and proactive attitude toward mission.
- Manages/maximizes all resources and actively seeks solutions & opportunities to challenges.
- Applies high standards, expectations & focuses on detail, outcomes and seeks results.
- Demonstrates strategic, factual, and data driven analytical approach.
- Forecast and plans in advance and adapts/adjust to changing environment.
- Assess on an ongoing basis all levels of performances and modify to ensure progress.
May be assigned special projects periodically by the Board of Directors.
Internal: Maintain contact with Board of Directors, Club staff, volunteers, and club members.
External: Maintain contact with potential and current donors, external community groups, parents, school officials and others as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- A minimum of five to seven years’ experience in managing programs or operations in a non-profit agency or Boys and Girls Club, with at least two years in a leadership capacity; or an equivalent combination of experience.
- Thorough knowledge of: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs; the principles and practices of managing non-profit organizations; and resource development activities and sources of funding.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, plan and coordinate operations.
- Leadership skills, including negotiation, problem solving, decision making, delegation.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, staff, community groups, and other related agencies.
- Basic knowledge of asset management including financial resources and property.
***Related Organizations-Manage the operations of the William McCormick Foundation and Olivet Blue Mountain Camp. ***
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: High energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with the day-to-day activities. Superior interpersonal abilities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, at all times displaying tact, maturity and flexibility. Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment. Physical requirements include sight, hearing, sitting for fours plus hours per day. Skills essential for successful communications include speaking and writing. Must be physically able to travel.
DISCLAIMER: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
All interested candidates please send your resume, cover letter and references to the following email address: OlivetHR@olivetbgc.org
In addition, all candidates must have updated clearances to work with children from the following agencies: FBI Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and Child-line Clearance.
We are looking for a hands-on individual who will help with the accounting for a multi-site youth organization.
Responsibilities include helping to:
- Code invoices based on site, grant, project and program
- Reconcile bank statements
- Maintain the G/L to enable reporting by site, grant, funding source and program
- Assure compliance with granting agencies
- Maintain vendor and grant files
- Provide necessary documentation to auditors at year end
- Experience working with fund accounting.
- Fiscal and budgeting and compliance knowledge.
- The ability to work independently with a team.
- Writing skills.
- The ability to work within deadlines.
- Good organizational skills.
- The ability to interact well with others.
- Good record keeping skills.
- Commensurate with experience
POSITION: Administrative Assistant
SUPERVISOR: Executive Assistant
- Computer knowledge – Microsoft Office
- Good typing skills
- Good telephone skills
- Ability to relate well with staff, volunteers, youth and the public in general
- Good writing and speaking skills
- Ability to organize work tasks and time
- Detail Oriented
- Work well under pressure
- HR experience
- Bilingual is a plus
- Answer and direct all phone calls in a courteous manner, relaying accurate messages to staff and directing inquiries to appropriate source.
- Greet visitors and direct them to appropriate source.
- Data entry of invoices.
- Preparation of time sheets for entry.
- Mailing and filing of financial paperwork.
- Responsible for clerical duties, phone calls, and program staff.
- Work directly with the Executive Assistant and Finance department by assisting them and becoming their back up when needed.
- Type and prepare correspondence and reports as requested.
- General clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing.
- Handle requests for information and data for new employees.
- Resolve administrative problems and inquiries.
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries.
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence.
- Maintain office supply inventories for administration office and eight clubs.
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment.
- Process and maintain personnel records for staff.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality when processing background checks for employees and volunteers.
- Assist with all special events throughout the year.
- Monitor and create schedule for camp renters. Following up with invoices after camper’s stay as well as ensuring deposits were received.
- Duties as assigned
Through the efforts of the Administrative Assistant, Olivet Boys & Girls Club will have an effective office operation which will enhance our ability to provide youth services.
Assistant Director- PAL, PT
Please CLICK HERE for position description.
Olivet Boys & Girls Club is now accepting applications for its Clinton Street and Blue Mountain Camp (Hamburg) Swimming Pools for the 2017 summer camp, June 19 – August 11, 2017.
Primary responsibility is to ensure the safety of our campers by preventing and responding to emergencies. Lifeguards are responsible for enforcing all pool rules, as well as reporting any unsafe conditions. Current certifications required.
Program Assistant – CFA, PT (12 hr per week)
Center for the Arts (CFA) is dedicated to the enhancement of the Club experience through exposure to the arts. This position is responsible for developing positive interactions with Club members, while being cognizant of their safety, behavior and Club experience. The ideal candidate will possess cheerfulness, positive energy and be physically capable of navigating the busy streets, flights of stairs, moving tables and chairs, serving snacks, and maintaining general building cleanliness.
Bus Driver, PT
Olivet Boys & Girls Club is seeking an experienced bus driver to assist in the transportation of its members between Club sites, as well as on group activities and excursions. Must have a clean driving record.
- Afternoon and evening hours
- Some weekends
Janitorial/Maintenance, PT (2 positions available)
Responsible for handling janitorial duties for our Clinton Street and/or Ricketts Center (Pottstown) Clubhouses. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining a clean and healthy environment for club members. Minor building repairs maybe required. This is a part-time (20 hours per week) position.
D.R.E.A.M. Program Assistant/Juvenile Facilitator, PT
This is a part-time position assisting with the coordination of the d.r.e.a.m Program in Reading. Individual is responsible for overall supervision of programming, creating and maintaining schedule, facilitating activities, documenting, documenting progress, incidents, and attendance for each student.
Duties & Essential Job Functions: Supervise students during group hours, Facilitate group activities and lessons from Boys & Girls Club of America’s social skills curriculum, Administer intake meetings with parents and new students, Keep in regular contact with parents of each student’s progress, behavior and special events, Maintain behavior modification programs to promote positive behavior and attendance, Maintain safe and positive environment for all students and staff by providing effective guidance and discipline, and keeping consistent boundaries and expectations, Report any questionable/illegal behavior and incidents to supervisor, and if necessary, contact police immediately, Search students upon entering program area, Help maintain cleanliness of building providing transportation for students, meet one-to-one with students regarding progress in the program, and attend organizational events and training’s.
Requirements: High School Diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred, experience with at risk youth in an individual and group setting, supervisory experience, and experience facilitating and lesson planning.
Preferred: Bi-lingual (English and Spanish)
Required: Licenses/Certifications, PA Driver’s License
Teen Center Coordinator-PAL location, PT
The ideal candidate will be responsible for promoting the organization’s vision for Teen programming, Planning & implementing interesting, relevant, and engaging activities for teen Club members, Assisting the Teen Services Director in supervising the Keystone Club, Maintaining an appropriate & supportive environment within the Teen Center, Being proactive in ensuring that Club members are exhibiting the acceptable levels of decorum, Being proactive to ensure that the Teen Center furniture, equipment, and supplies are being respected, Being a motivator and positive role model for our teens to emulate, Chaperoning Off-Site Teen Activities, Being proactive, whether within the Teen Center or Off-Site Activities, to ensure that all club members are exhibiting acceptable levels of personal decorum, Being in constant communication with the Unit Directors about issues that may adversely impact the Teen Center, Developing and maintain a monthly schedule of Teen Center activities, Promoting academic excellence and career exploration within the Teen Center, Tracking daily Teen Center attendance and academic progress on a consistent basis.
This is a part time position. Bilingual a plus. Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Data Analyst Intern- PT, unpaid
The ideal candidate will be passionate, data-driven, with the ability to work independently. The goal of this internship is to start to create the story of our impact as an organization by understanding how our afterschool and summer programming and AmeriCorps program positively affect the youth that attend our club locations. This individual will work with the AmeriCorps Director to collect and analyze academic and attendance data of club members across our seven locations in the city of Reading.
- Must be proficient in Excel and statistical analysis
- Reliable transportation is required
- 10-15 hours/week or as needed
- Ability to work independently
- Data entry experience a must
Please send resume and cover letter to Kat Royer, AmeriCorps Director, at email@example.com
After School Programs Internship (12 hr per week)
An ideal candidate should be an energetic student with passion for area youth. Preferably an Education or Family Studies major, or a student with experience working with students in an urban setting.
Under the supervision of the Club Director, the intern will be responsible for assisting with the supervision of all children, assisting in implementing classroom activities, cooperatively working with and supporting other classroom staff and assisting with the general maintenance of program facilities to insure the health and safety of the children in the program.
S/he will maintain an ordered arrangement, appearance, decor, and learning environment of the classroom in cooperation with other staff, and make suggestions to the Club Director regarding instructional materials and equipment necessary to carry out the program. S/he will also plan and carry out open-ended activities for different levels of development and multicultural diversity of children enrolled in his/her class.
Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate an interest in working with children, possess, good communication skills, understand nature, and the ability to communicate well with both children and other staff.
Development/Marketing Internship (10 hr per week)
An ideal candidate would be a Marketing, Communication Design, English/Professional Writing or Communication Studies major, or a student with an Advertising or Public Relations minor with strong computer skills.
The goal of this internship is to understand the operations and functions of a non-profit development office in relation to annual campaigns, fundraising and marketing/public relations. Duties include assisting the Resource Development team in researching and writing of potential and future grants, assisting with the development of the Club’s holiday appeal campaign, assisting with the writing and developing all aspects of the organization’s promotional and marketing materials, as well as social media and e-newsletters.
- Computer/data entry experience. Excel, Word and Publisher experience preferred, but not required.
- A high level of communications and human relations skills is essential.
- Demonstrate ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Self-motivation and independent working is a must
- Ten hours a week, plus availability at special events as school schedule permits.
- Must pass a criminal background/child abuse record check by appropriate authorities.
Questions regarding internships can be directed to Rhonda Mauk Hudak, Director of Advancement Rhonda.mauk-hudak@olivetbgc or 610-373-1314 ext. 208
|Olivet Boys & Girls Club Equal Opportunity Employer Disclosure: Olivet Boys & Girls Club is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, veteran status or any other protected status. Olivet Boys & Girls Club will not make any posting or employment decision that does not comply with applicable laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity, employment eligibility requirements or related matters. Nor will Olivet Boys & Girls Club require in a posting or otherwise U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency in the U.S. as a condition of employment except as necessary to comply with law, regulation, executive order, or federal, state, or local government contract.|